I almost became a victim of Stone Wall Press, a self-publishing company. Don’t get confused with other traditional publishing houses or the one in the UK.

This scam company claimed to be in the business for years already but when I checked their website they have only been in the industry for 3-5 months now. They offer you free publishing and free assessment and you only need to invest smaller amounts but it’s just a bait for them to get your commitment and ask you double or triple of the initial investment. When I checked their declared address at 363 PALADIUM COURT, OWINGS MILLS, MARYLAND 21117, it’s a residential address and not a business office. I’ve found out that all of the staff and business office is in the Philippines.

Good thing is that I was not able to give them my credit card information yet. I am doing this not to put their business at stake but for the sake of my co-authors to know that they must get rid of this press company before it will be too late.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Comments

It's really a scam. Check their facebook page.

The employees are the ones clicking the likes. Such a pity!

My wife was surprised when she listened to a phone message about my book titled "The Summer of 1977". The caller said she saw very favorable reviews from my local media outlet and wanted to discuss my book with her.

It took several minutes for both my wife and I to stop laughing since I HAVE NEVER written a book. I live in a very small town, and local media outlets have never contacted me to discuss anything let alone a book I allegedly wrote.SCAM ALL THE WAY!!!!

to DScott #1481813

Here's the facebook of this scumbags.https://www.facebook.com/stonewall.press.92

I agree, there's a lot of businesses running in the Philippines that are doing self-publishing. Legit businesses should not have a residential address in the United States.

It's common that most US businesses are outsourcing in the Philippines but there should be a physical entity in the US. This is purely scamming if something goes wrong, how can you people claim your money?

My son just got a call from Stonewall Press (4/6/18). The caller did have a Philippina accent and tried to lure him into paying $489 to have someone represent his book at the Frankfurt, GE book fair.

Their website displays books long past trademark protection and now in the public domain and doesn't even carry fantasy books.

She provided her callback telephone number as 248-334-0980 X 303. A reverse call came up with an address of 43494 Woodward Ave, Bloomfield Hills MI 48302-5052.Needless to say, and at my urging, he refused.

What year did you make this comment?

to Harry #1481811

February 8, this year, i believe

Thank you for this post! It was extremely helpful!